First of all you can download photoshop cs5 for free here (its a portable version so it doesn’t need any serial). Now choose 1 video to gif. You can download youtube videos using atubecatcher(download) or savevid.com. Remember you must download it in .MP4 format.
Important: right click > open image in a new tab to see the full size screenshoots.
1. Open photoshop & click on file > import > video frames to layers:
2. Import the video you want and something like this will appear(image). check ”selected range only” the option & change the frames limit from 2 to 3 frames:
3. Select the part of the video you want to gif; holding down the shift key while moving the slider to the right. Then click ok.
NOW go to window > animation (click)
4. Now that photoshop is showing your gif, you have to delete some frames (if you want). Remember its better if the gif has around 15/20 frames because the file size won’t be bigger than 1MB which is tumblr’s gif size limit. To delete the frames you don’t need, just select them & then click delete:
5. If you click on the play button you will notice the gif plays too fast. You have change the duration of each frame. Click on
x,x sec no delay and then click on “other…”:
6. Change the delay to 0,12 secs or 0,14 secs.
7. Now its time to edit our gif. I used a PSD to edit it. (Tutorial: How to use psds)
8. To improve the gif quality you have to sharpen ALL of the layers, one by one. To do it select the fame on the animation bar & the layer on the layers panel (Ex: frame 1 - layer 1). Click on filter> sharpen.
9. We’re done with out gif, its time to save!. Go to file > save for web & devices:
10. Its time to set the gif settings:
- SELECTIVE; DIFUSSION
- COLORS: 260 (or lower). notice this changes a lot of final file size. more colors = bigger file size.
- DITHER: 100%
- TRANSPARENCY: CHECKED
- IMAGE SIZE: 500px
- QUALITY: BICUBIC SHARPER
- LOOPING OPTIONS: FOREVER:
Make sure the gif is lower than 1MB
Now click save and you are done! :D
Like if you’re using - More tutorials - Request a tutorial